Geographic Information System (GIS) is a powerful tool used for computerized mapping and spatial analysis. GIS provides functionality to capture, store, query, analyze, display and output geographic information. This course introduces GIS concepts and trains participants on tools used to visualize real-world features, discover patterns, and communicate information using ArcGIS. Using ArcMap and ArcGIS Online, the participants will work with GIS maps, explore data, and analyze maps and data.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
• Understand the principles of GIS and Remote Sensing
• Find and organize geographic data and other content for a mapping project.
• Display features on a GIS map and access information about them.
• Perform spatial analysis.
• Share GIS maps and analysis results.
• Create and manage geodatabase
• Automate tasks and spatial analysis
• Create and utilize advanced ATLAS/advanced pages
• Carry out spatial, grid and surface analysis
• Carry out classification and reclassification of Rasters.
Who should enroll?
This course is ideal for new GIS users, GIS data editors, GIS database designers, GIS managers, GIS analysts, Map designers, GIS technical leads and GIS Desktop application developers.
Why train with us
Vital Extra Learning guarantees our clients:
• State-of-the-art facilities and training infrastructure
• Extended tradition of hand-holding during post engagement
• Service delivery through highly seasoned industry experts.
• Value for money
|Weekdays||08:00 AM — 05:00 PM|
|No. of Days:||5|
VITAL EXTRA LEARNING AND CONSULTANCY is a registered consultancy firm with its Head Office in Abuja, Nigeria. It is one of the emerging providers of competency development and learning solutions for career advancement for professionals. We provide strategic consulting services for both professionals and corporate organizations. We design and offer trainings and consultancy services to both public and private sectors, including non-profit organizations.
Our brand, VEL® an abbreviation for “Vital Extra Learning” has also extended its services to other countries in Africa, particularly in Kenya, Rwanda and South Africa. We are also working to expand our operations in other parts of the world through collaborations and partnerships with other training and consulting firms in the United Kingdom (UK), United States (US), Germany, and the United Arab Emirates (UAE).