Event: Scientific Writing, how to Prepare a Manuscript for International Journals Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 30th April – 4th May 2018
A critical aspect of the scientific process is the reporting of new results in scientific journals in order to disseminate that information to the larger community of scientists. Communication of your results contributes to the pool of knowledge within your discipline (and others) and very often provides information that helps others interpret their own experimental results. The training course guides you in choosing appropriate formats and/or writing styles in developing various scientific journals. The participants will also be guided to outline a complete scientific paper, choose an appropriate journal to which they will submit the finished paper for publication, and prepare a checklist that will allow them to independently judge whether your paper is ready to submit.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is designed for students who have previous experience with academic research. If you just finished your graduate dissertation, just began your Ph.D., or are at a different stage of your academic journey or career and just want to publish your
The objective of this course is to guide participant on a step by step process of developing a scientific paper. After the end of the training, the participants will be able to;
- Learn what is necessary before writing a paper: the context in which the scientist publish their papers.
- Identify fundamental styles for developing a scientific paper
- Understand the suggested strategy for efficiently writing up research results
- Understand every aspect of format and content of each section of a paper (part of learning to write a scientific paper is learning how to follow instructions precisely),
- Gain the basic information regarding peer critiques of scientific writing.
Visit our website for more details.
How to participate
- Tailor make your course.
- Register as an individual.
- Register as a group.
- Become one of our partners.
- Purchase software’s
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
- Data Management, Graphics and Statistical analysis using SPSS Course
- Analysis of Complex Sample Survey Data Course
- Financial Management Using QuickBooks, Sage and Pastel Course
- Scientific Writing and Scholarly Publishing Course
- Labour Market Statistics and Labour Inspection Course
- Advanced Training on Data Management & Analyses for Surveys using Stata Course
The most popular courses
- Food Security Policies Formulation and Implementation Course
- Climate Change and Human Health Course
- M & E, Data Management & Analysis for Agriculture & Rural Development Programmes Course
- Implementation of ICT in Education with Moodle Course
- Flood Disaster Risk Management In A Changing Climate Course
- GIS and remote sensing in conservancy and wildlife management Course
- Project Management Workshop for Senior Officers Course
View course catalogue in Research Institute
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814.
Email [email protected]
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Email: [email protected]
Mob: +254 715 077 817
Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B 23rd April 2018.
Send proof of payment to [email protected]
|Weekdays||09:00 AM — 05:00 PM|
|No. of Days:||5|
IRES offers technical and management consultancy services as well as education and training services designed for individuals’ and groups from organizations working in public, not for profit and private sectors.
IRES Kenya has identified itself with a niche market that largely comprises of Government ministries, departments and agencies (MDA’s) and UN agencies, Non-Governmental Organizations, from Africa, Europe, Asia, Middle-East and the Caribbean. We have also served academic institutions, international research organizations, financial institutions and private companies from across the globe. As at 2018 we offer our services in more than 15 locations globally.
Our technical and management consultancy services are in the areas of Agriculture, Education, Energy, Oil and gas, Health, Environment and natural resources, ICT for development, spatial planning, Governance, Management and leadership, communication, transport, revenue management, marketing development and environment among others.
Our education and training services are aimed helping individuals improve their professional knowledge, competence, skill, and effectiveness and enable the institutions to get the best out of their workforce. This is achieved through conducting high impact professional diploma and certificate courses, short courses, conferences, workshops and seminars. ...