RE: MOBILE-BASED DATA COLLECTION USING KOBO TOOLBOX
Tech For Development -T4D would like to invite you to a high impact Training Course in Mobile Based Data Collection Using Kobo Toolbox to be held in Nairobi, Kenya from 7th to 11th Oct,2019Event Information
Course Name:Mobile Based Data Collection Using Kobo Toolbox
Venue: Tech for Development Training Center, Nairobi, Kenya
Event Date: 7th to 11th Oct,2019
Course Fee: KES 75,000 OR USD 1,100
Online Registration:Register ahereThis course is suitable for people working in:
Impact Evaluation, Monitoring and Evaluation, Academic Research, Market Research, Field Research, Agriculture, Health, Education, WASH, Handicapped, Human rights, Emergencies/disasters, Advocacy, Education, Environment, Small business development, Community development, Rural development, Women, Youth, Population, Rehabilitation, Culture, Capacity Building, Appropriate technology, Income, generation, Private sector, Refugees/displacedIntroduction
Data collection has always been an integral part of development work. In the past, this task was performed with paper and pen, which made it prone to error, difficult to conduct on a large scale, and high in transaction costs. ICT tools such as mobile devices and software that allows users to create surveys, collect, manage and upload data to storage facilities in real-time, have reduced the conventional challenges associated with remote data collection. If you have always wanted to learn how to collect, manage and analyze project data using mobile devices, this training course is for you.Duration
5 daysWho should attend?
This training course is suitable for anyone who is interested in learning how to collect and manage project data using mobile devices.Course objectives
The course will introduce participants to tools and techniques for rapid data collection using innovative mobile data collection tools.
At the end of the course, participants will become familiar with ICT tools and technologies to conduct data collection, extract data for analysis and map collected data using mapping software.Topics to be coveredModule I
- ICT Refresher
- Introduction to Mobile Data Collection
- Benefits of Mobile Based Data Collection
- Challenges facing Mobile Based Data Collection and their work arounds.
- Introduction to KoBoToolbox.
- Introduction to KoBoToolbox.
- Types of questions.
- Data types for each question.
- Questionnaire logic.
- Digitizing/building forms/survey authoring using KoBoToolbox.
- Deploying forms.
- KoBoCollect installation and configuration.
- Downloading forms into the mobile devices.
- Collecting data using KoBoCollect
- Uploading data to KoBoToolbox
- Data Analysis and Visualization using KoBoToolbox
Introduction to basic XLSForms syntax for survey authoring.Intermediate Survey Authoring using XLSForms syntax
- New data types.
- Notes and dates.
- Multiple choice Questions.
- Multiple Language Support.
- Hints, metadata and more.
- Conditional Survey Branching.
- Required questions
- Constraining responses
- Skip: Asking Relevant questions
- The specify (other)
- Grouping questions.
- Skipping many questions at once (Skipping a section). Etc
- Extended data types geoid, image and multimedia
- Repeating a set of questions.
- Special formatting.
- Making dynamic calculations.
- Survey Styling and formatting
- Troubleshooting common syntax errors.
- Introduction to GIS
- Working with Spatial data (GPS Coordinates)
- Introduction to Fusion Table
- Exporting GPS Coordinates (Google maps) to Fusion tables
- Exporting data to Fusion tables using QGIS
- Converting data to shape files
- Choice of Platform
- Discussion on the Choice of Platform
- Integrating Mobile Data Collection tools into projects
Visit our website for more details.Tailor-made training
This scheduled course can also be tailored for your organization.
To find out how our tailor-made training can help your organization, call our team on Tel: +254 706909947, +25429166479Testimonials
Kindly visit this link to see video and photo testimonials of our previous training events.FAQs
Need more information? Kindly visit this link to see answers to frequently asked questions.How to participate
Register as individual.Contact information
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +254 706909947
Customer Relationship Officer,
Tech For Development
Innovation for impact
|Weekdays||08:00 AM — 05:00 PM|
|No. of Days:||5|
|No. of Participants:||5|
What we do
1. Mobile Data Collection training and implementation in the following tools and technologies:
ODK - ODK 1 Tools, ODK 2 Tools, ODK Aggregate (Cloud and local server setup) KoBoToolbox Advanced ODK Servers CSPro for Mobile SurveyCTO Epi Info Open HDS Open MRS Recap ENA Mwater Ona.io Magpi and Bespoke mobile apps for data collection
2. Development and Implementation of bespoke statistical web based and desktop applications alongside Training and capacity building in Data Management and Analysis
We offer tailor-made and scheduled training courses in Data Management and Analysis. Our courses are targeted to working professionals who have specific needs and are looking to improving their efficiency and effectiveness at work. All our programs focus on the use of popular and conventional tools for handling and analysis of data. These tools include but are not limited to: Microsoft Excel Stata SPSS Envivo CSPro ODK
Our software products in this area include: A fleet management and data visualization software (smartcars) A point of sale software (BoraPOS). A property management and data visualization software (smarthouse) A humanitarian Aid Distribution System – Electronic Beneficiary Management System (E-BMS). Devindicator – An M&E System offered as SaaS and implemented as IaaS. Devcapacity – An online humanitarian content aggregator. ...