RE: MOBILE-BASED DATA COLLECTION FOR M&E USING ONA AND KoBo Toolbox
Tech For Development -T4D would like to invite you to a high impact Training Course in Mobile Based Data Collection For M&E Using ONA and KoBo Toolbox to be held in Nairobi, Kenya from 21st to 25th Oct,2019
Course Name:Mobile Based Data Collection For M&E Using ONA and KoBo Toolbox.
Venue: Tech for Development Training Center, Nairobi, Kenya
Event Date: 21st to 25th Oct,2019
Course Fee: KES 75,000 OR USD 1,100
Online Registration:Register here
This instructor led training course will be delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work.
The course will give participants an in-depth understanding of both Ona.io and KoBo Toolbox. 90% of the five days includes hands-on instructor led practical lessons.
Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. Participants should be reasonably proficient in English
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course is designed for representatives from government, project teams, NGOs, multi and bilateral development organizations, consultancies, etc, that are typically employed as project managers and directors, M&E specialists, technical specialists, and researchers.
This training is designed for participants who are reasonably proficient in English and have an understanding of basic ICT concepts.
The course will introduce participants to tools and techniques to gather data for project/programme outcomes to stakeholders using innovative Mobile data gathering tools.
At the end of the course, you will become familiar with using ICT tools and methods to conduct data collection, statistical analysis, and reporting.
- Introduction to KoBo Toolbox and Ona
- Types of questions
- Data types for each question.
- Questionnaire logic
Survey Authoring using KoBo Toolbox and Ona web Form builders
- Introduction to survey authoring
Advanced survey authoring
- Single/Multiple response questions
- Repeat questions
- Skip logic and patterns
- Group questions
- Data referencing
- Cascading select
Survey data hosting
- Survey data hosting using KoBoToolbox
- Survey data hosting using Ona
- Account management and setting in KoBo toolbox
- Account management and setting in Ona
Data management and analysis
- Data Analysis and Visualization using KoBoToolbox
- Data Analysis and Visualization using Ona
- Notes and dates.
- Multiple choice Questions.
- Multiple Language Support.
- Hints, metadata and more.
- Conditional Survey Branching.
- Required questions
- Constraining responses
- Skip: Asking Relevant questions
- The specify (other)
- Grouping questions.
- Skipping many questions at once (Skipping a section)
- Repeating a set of questions.
- Special formatting.
- Making dynamic calculations.
- Survey Styling and formatting – Working with the appearance column.
- Working with media files.
- Cascading select
- External selects
- KoBo Collect installation and configuration.
- ODK Collect installation and configuration.
- Downloading forms into the mobile devices.
- Collecting data using KoBo Collect and ODK Collect
- Introduction to GIS
- Working with Spatial data (GPS Coordinates)
- Introduction to Fusion Table
- Exporting GPS Coordinates (Google maps) to Fusion tables
- Exporting data to Fusion tables using QGIS
- Converting data to shape files
- Choice of Platform
- Discussion on the Choice of Platform
- Integrating Mobile Data Collection tools into projects
Visit our website for more details.
This training course can also be tailored for your organization. This way, your organization will benefit by:
- Using own datasets and tools during the training.
- Being able to choose areas of interest you wish the trainer to put more emphasis on.
- Taking the course in-house or at a venue of choice.
- Cutting on the cost of transport and accommodation.
Kindly visit this link to see video and photo testimonials of our previous training events.
Need more information? Kindly visit this link to see answers to frequently asked questions.
How to participate
Register as individual
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +254 706909947
Customer Relationship Officer,
Tech For Development
Innovation for impact
What we do
1. Mobile Data Collection training and implementation in the following tools and technologies:
ODK - ODK 1 Tools, ODK 2 Tools, ODK Aggregate (Cloud and local server setup) KoBoToolbox Advanced ODK Servers CSPro for Mobile SurveyCTO Epi Info Open HDS Open MRS Recap ENA Mwater Ona.io Magpi and Bespoke mobile apps for data collection ...