Dear Colleague,RE: Mobile Data Collection for M&E using ODK and KoBoToolbox
Tech For Development-T4D would like to invite you to a high impact Training Course in Mobile Data Collection for M&E using ODK and KoBoToolbox to be held in Nairobi, Kenya from 18th November to 22nd November 2019.Event InformationCourse Name:Mobile Data Collection for M&E using ODK and KoBoToolbox
Venue: Tech for Development Training Center, Nairobi, Kenya
Event Date: 18th October to 22nd November 2019
Course Fee: KES 75,000 OR USD 1,100
Registration: Register onlineWhy T4D?
We are an international training, capacity building and tech solutions organization that offers tech solutions, scheduled and tailor made training and capacity building solutions to individuals and development agencies in Africa and around the world.
We provide our training programs with a capacity-building goal, so as to ensure that, our training programs contribute to sustainable change.This course is suitable for people working in:
Impact Evaluation, Monitoring and Evaluation, Academic Research, Market Research, Field Research, Agriculture, Health, Education, WASH, Handicapped, Human rights, Emergencies/disasters, Advocacy, Education, Environment, Small business development, Community development, Rural development, Women, Youth, Population, Rehabilitation, Culture, Capacity Building, Appropriate technology, Income, generation, Private sector, Refugees/displaced.
Data collection and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) have always been an integral part of development work. In the past, these tasks were performed with paper and pen, which made them prone to error, difficult to conduct on a large scale, and high in transaction costs.
ICT tools such as mobile devices and software that allows users to create surveys, collect, manage and upload data to storage facilities in real-time, have reduced the conventional challenges associated with remote data collection and M&E.
If you have always wanted to learn how to collect, manage and analyze project data using mobile devices, this training course is for you. This training course also comes with additional M&E and GIS modules to help participants put the skills acquired into perspective. The GIS module will help participants work with spatial data.
Who should attend
The course is designed for representatives from government, project teams, NGOs, multi and bilateral development organizations, consultancies, etc, that are typically employed as project managers and directors, M&E specialists, technical specialists, and researchers.
This training is designed for participants who are reasonably proficient in English and have an understanding of basic ICT concepts.
The course will introduce participants to tools and techniques to gather data for project/programme outcomes to stakeholders using innovative Mobile data gathering tools.
At the end of the course, you will become familiar with using ICT tools and methods to conduct data collection, statistical analysis, and reporting.
Introduction to the course
- M&E Refresher
- ICT refresher
- Introduction to mobile data collection systems architecture.
- Introduction to common mobile based data collection tools, techniques and platform.
- Benefits of mobile data collection.
- Challenges of Mobile Based Data Collection.
- Best Practices.
Introduction to Survey Authoring/Digitization
- Introduction to xlsforms syntax for survey authoring - Digitizing questionnaires for ODK using xlsforms.
Intermediate Survey Authoring/Digitization
- Intermediate survey authoring: Digitizing questionnaires for ODK using xlsforms.
Advanced Survey Authoring/Digitization
- Advanced survey authoring: Digitizing questionnaires for ODK using xlsforms.
- Questionnaire logic.
- Xlsforms troubleshooting
- Converting xlsforms to XML
- XML forms validation
Survey Data Hosting
- Setting up an Apps Engine Account
- Setting up ODK aggregate server in a cloud server.
- Setting up ODK Collect for Mobile data collection.
- Uploading XML forms to ODK Aggregate
- Hosting platform quota management.
- Data Visualization and analysis on ODK Aggregate.
- Downloading/extracting data from ODK Aggregate for analysis.
- Mobile device calibration for data collection.
- Managing data collection in the field
Mobile Data Collection Using KoBoToolbox
- How to digitize questionnaires using an easy web-based interface.
- Hosting data on KoBoToolbox.
- Setting up KoBo Collect for mobile data collection.
- Mobile device calibration for data collection.
- Visualizing and analyzing data on KoBoToolbox.
- Downloading/extracting data for analysis.
Module V (GIS)
- Introduction to GIS
- Working with Spatial data (GPS Coordinates)
- Introduction to Fusion Table
- Exporting GPS Coordinates (Google maps) to Fusion tables
- Exporting data to Fusion tables using QGIS
- Converting data to shape files
- Choice of Platform
- Discussion on the Choice of Platform
- Integrating Mobile Data Collection tools into projects
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact us below.Payment
Payment should be transferred to bank before commencement of training.Testimonial
Kindly visit this link to see video and photo testimonials of our previous training events.FAQS
Need more information? Kindly visit this link to see answers to frequently asked questions.
Tel: +254 706909947
Email: [email protected]
Kelvin K. Mwangi
Customer Relationship Officer,
Tech For Development.
Innovation for impact
|Weekdays||08:00 AM — 05:00 PM|
|No. of Days:||5|
|No. of Participants:||100|
What we do
1. Mobile Data Collection training and implementation in the following tools and technologies:
ODK - ODK 1 Tools, ODK 2 Tools, ODK Aggregate (Cloud and local server setup) KoBoToolbox Advanced ODK Servers CSPro for Mobile SurveyCTO Epi Info Open HDS Open MRS Recap ENA Mwater Ona.io Magpi and Bespoke mobile apps for data collection ...