Course Date: 11th – 22nd, November 2019 for 5 Day
Click to view course outline and register as individual or group to attend:https://tinyurl.com/yy9rff4z
Click to Download 2019 Course Calendar in PDF- https://bit.ly/2T3aCPv
Organizer: Foscore Development Center
Course Fee: $ 2,000
In order to achieve a world free of hunger and malnutrition, it is vital to provide sustainable solutions that provide the largest impacts on development outcomes. Monitoring and Evaluation tools and techniques plays a key role in ensuring Food Security programs are designed, implemented as plan and that they improve the well-being of the target communities. This course equips the participants with adequate skills to develop and manage robust M&E systems for effective management of FSN programs. The learner is introduced to FSN indicators, tools and techniques for M&E in FSN.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is a general training is targeting variety of programme staff, management team members and thematic staff, Project Management Officials, government officials, programme managers; policy makers and programme implementers; development practitioners and activists and NGO and CSO members, Research organizations among others for Agriculture support activities.
The training will enable participants to;
- Gain insight into the principles of monitoring, evaluation and impact assessment in food and nutrition security.
- Strengthen their competence in the designing, monitoring, and evaluation of FSN programs.
- Come up with clear ideas for improving monitoring, evaluation and impact assessments for food security and nutrition programs.
- Appreciate the need to integrate gender role in the development of FSN programs.
- Gain skills in both qualitative and quantitate data collection and analysis in M&E for food security and nutrition programs.
Module 1: Fundamentals of Monitoring and Evaluation
- What is M&E?
- Significance of M&E
- Principles and concepts in M&E
- M&E and the project lifecycle
- Complementary roles of monitoring and evaluation
Module 2: Food Security and Nutrition M&E Frameworks
- Food security and nutrition conceptual frameworks
- Food security and nutrition results frameworks
- Logical framework analysis
- Food security and nutrition projects design using LogFrames
Module 3: Food Security and Nutrition Indicators
- Food security and nutrition indicators
- Indicator metrics
- Link between indicators and results
- Indicator Matrix
- FSN indicator performance tracking
Module 4: M&E System design and M&E Planning in FSN
- Importance of an M&E Plan
- Components of an M&E Plan
- Design Principles for monitoring and evaluation
- Using M&E plan to implement M&E in a project
- M&E plan against performance management plan
Module 5: M&E Considerations for Sector Specific Programming
- Food availability
- Food access
- Food utilization
- Market Information
Module 6: M&E Considerations for Health and Nutrition
- Selection of indicators
- Integrated disease surveillance and nutrition surveillance systems
Module 7: Data Management for M&E in FSN
- Sources of M&E data
- Qualitative data collection methods
- Quantitative data collection methods
- Participatory methods of data collection
Module 8: Data Analysis
- Data cleaning
- Qualitative data analysis
- Quantitative data analysis
- Data interpretation and reporting
Module 9: Gender consideration in M&E for FSN
- Gender integration during project activities design
- Gender indicators in food security and nutrition programs
- Cross-cutting gender issues in FSN
- Role of M&E in addressing gender
- Measure of gender outcomes
Module 10: Evaluation of Food Security and Nutrition Programs
- Determining evaluation points from results framework
- Components of evaluations, implementation and process evaluations
- Evaluation designs
- Performance evaluation process
- Evaluation findings, sharing, and dissemination
Module 11: Impact Assessment of FSN Programs
- Introduction to impact evaluation
- Impact assessment in program design
- Attribution in impact evaluation
- Impact evaluation methods
Module 12: M&E Results Use and Dissemination
- Use of M&E results to improve and strengthen FSN projects
- Use of M&E Lessons learned and best practices
- M&E reporting
- Design, monitoring, and evaluation of resilience interventions
- All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants needs
- The participant must be conversant with English
- Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are expert with more than 10years of experience.
- Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
- Training will be done at Foscore development center (FDC-K) center in Nairobi Kenya. We also offer more than five participants training at requested location within Kenya, more than ten participant within east Africa and more than twenty participant all over the world.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
- One year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
- Register as a group of more than two and enjoy discount of (10% to 50%) plus free five hour adventure drive to the National game park, in Nairobi.
- Payment should be done two week before commence of the training, to FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us prepare better for you.
- For any enquiry at: [email protected] or +254712260031
- Website: www.fdc-k.org
- Click to view course content and register as individual or group using this link- https://tinyurl.com/yy9rff4z
- Click to view Mobile Technology courses calendar 2019 – http://bit.ly/2Dshemk
- Click to view All Courses calendar 2019 - http://fdc-k.org/courses/