Course Name: Advanced Digital Skills and Literacy Training Course (Competency Based Curriculum)
Venue: Tech for Development Training Center, Nairobi, Kenya
Event Date: 23rd Dec 2019, to 03rd Jan 2020
Course Fee: KES 150,000 OR USD 2,200
Online Registration: Register here
Tech For Development -T4D would like to invite you to a high impact Training Course inAdvanced Digital Skills and Literacy Training Course (Competency Based Curriculum)to be held in Nairobi, Kenya from 23rd Dec 2019, to 03rd Jan 2019
This training program has been inspired by the global push for the adoption of Competency Based Curriculums. This program has therefore been developed in line with the principles of a Competency Based Curriculum.
A competency based curriculum is a curriculum that emphasizes what learners are expected to do rather than mainly focusing on what they are expected to know. In principle, such a curriculum is learner-centred and adaptive to the changing needs of students, teachers, and society. It implies that learners can acquire and apply the knowledge, skills, values, and attitudes to solve situations they encounter in everyday life.
Furthermore, the job market in the 21st century is evolving to create more opportunities in self-employment, online jobs, freelance jobs, jobs in small and micro enterprises rather than the traditional models of employment in careers like teaching, medicine, engineering, etc.
This training program will impart skills that will enable individuals to take advantage of these new opportunities.
- Post-secondary students
- University/College students
- Those interested in gaining practical hands-on employability skills
- Those interested in gaining hands-on skills in the learning areas covered
- Corporates interested in up skilling their staff
- Governments interested in up skilling their staff
- A laptop computer
- One on one classroom based training
- Fly me a trainer
- Tailor made-training
- Online training
- Corporate training
- Weekend/Evening training
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Interact resourcefully with the internet
- Understand the basic principles of computing
- Work professionally with MS Office applications (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point )
- Issue and respond to business transaction documents
- Issue and respond to procurement documents (Proposals, EOI, Tenders etc)
- Communicate formally and professionally via email
- Build, edit and style web pages using HTML and CSS
- Develop, host and manage professional websites using Joomla and Word Press
- Conduct professional SEO and digital marketing
- Plan and schedule tasks on a software
- Work with a project manage software for project collaboration and project management
- Write proposals
- Write reports
- Make money online
- Become self employed
- Learners will be issued with a certificate
- Learners will be given free after training support (In person, email, Skype and phone)
- Learners will be added to a weekly email newsletter of relevant opportunities
- All training resources will be provided after the training
Topics to be covered
- Basic introduction to IT
- Internet skills
- Email communication
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Power Point
- Graphic design
- Website development/Maintenance using Joomla
- Website development/Maintenance using Word Press
- Website domain and hosting
- Digital Marketing
- Communication skills
- Planning and scheduling software and skills
- Project management software and skills
- Projects collaboration software and skills
- Finding information off the internet
- Proposal writing
- Report writing
- Business transaction documents
- Online academic writing
- Sources of freelance opportunities
- How to make money online
- Case study
- Action points
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprise of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professionals and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with a certificate of participation.
Visit our website for more details.
This training course can also be tailored for your organization. This way, your organization will benefit by:
- Using own datasets and tools during the training.
- Being able to choose areas of interest you wish the trainer to put more emphasis on.
- Taking the course in-house or at a venue of choice.
- Cutting on the cost of transport and accommodation.
Kindly visit this link to see video and photo testimonials of our previous training events.
Need more information? Kindly visit this link to see answers to frequently asked questions.
How to participate
Register as individual.
Tel: +254 706909947
Customer Relationship Officer,
Tech For Development
Innovation for impact
|Weekdays||8 — 5|
|No. of Days:||10|
|No. of Participants:||100|
What we do
1. Mobile Data Collection training and implementation in the following tools and technologies:
ODK - ODK 1 Tools, ODK 2 Tools, ODK Aggregate (Cloud and local server setup) KoBoToolbox Advanced ODK Servers CSPro for Mobile SurveyCTO Epi Info Open HDS Open MRS Recap ENA Mwater Ona.io Magpi and Bespoke mobile apps for data collection ...