Managing, Analysing and Interpreting M&E Data for Development Programmes in AgricultureInquire Now
The key to success in implementation of any development programme relies on quality, reliable and timely data. More so, the progress in eradicating poverty and attaining zero hunger by 2030 as envisioned in Sustainable Development Goal one and two respectively relies on policies informed by reliable and timely data. This 10 days course aims at equipping the participants in the agricultural sector with adequate skills in developing data collection tools, designing questionnaire in Open Data Kit (ODK), exporting data to data analysis software such as SPSS and Stata, data management and analysis, monitoring and evaluation indicators and report writing.
By the end of the training, the participants will be able to;
- Gain skills in research design, data management and analysis in agriculture and rural development.
- Understand monitoring and evaluation (M&E) for agricultural programs
- Design agricultural projects using logical framework analysis approach
- Define different projects indicators
- Track performance indicators over the life of the project
- Evaluate agricultural programs achievement against the pre-set objectives and targets
- Conduct impact evaluations of agricultural programs
Module 1: Introduction to research
- Introduction to research
- Different types of research
- Quantitative Research Approaches
- Qualitative research approaches
- Sampling techniques
- Quantitative data collection methods
- Qualitative data collection
- Developing questionnaire
- Designing questionnaire in ODK
- Exporting data to SPSS and Stata
Module 1: Fundamentals of Monitoring and Evaluation
- What is M&E?
- Significance of M&E
- Principles and concepts in M&E
- M&E and the programme lifecycle
- M&E in agriculture programme design
- Complementary roles of monitoring and evaluation
Module 2: M&E frameworks
- Basics of M&E frameworks for rural development programmes
- M&E in rural me development context
- Development and operationalization of M&E frameworks
- Link between M&E and indicators
- Using data
- Using logical frameworks in monitoring and evaluation of rural and agricultural programmes
Module 3: Demand for data use in Agriculture
- Data use frameworks and basic concepts
- Data demand
- Information availability
- Information use
Module 4: Introduction to Research approaches for M&E in Agriculture Development Programmes
- Basic statistics concepts
- Research designs
- Data collection techniques and tools advantages and disadvantages
- Descriptive analysis techniques
- Inferential analysis techniques
Module 5: Data Management
- Data management dimensions
- Data management
- Data quality
Module 6: Data Analysis
- Descriptive analysis
- Inferential analysis
- Interpretation of findings
Module 7: Evaluation of Agricultural Development programmes
- Determining evaluation points from results framework
- Components of evaluations, implementation and process evaluations
- Evaluation designs
- Performance evaluation process
- Evaluation findings, sharing, and dissemination
Module 8: Impact Assessment of Agricultural Development programmes
- Introduction to impact evaluation
- Impact assessment in design
- Attribution in impact evaluation
- Methods and approaches to assessing impact
Module 9: M&E Results Use
- Measuring results in agriculture and rural development
- Use of M&E results to improve and strengthen agricultural and rural development
- Use of M&E lessons learned and best practices
Module 10 M&E Results Dissemination
- M&E reporting
- Design, monitoring, and evaluation of resilience interventions
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can also have it delivered your preferred location. For further inquiries, please contact us through Mobile: +254 732 776 700 or +254 759 285 295. You can also email us on: [email protected]
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English. During the trainings, participants should come with their own laptops.
The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact us through Mobile: +254 732 776 700/+254 759 285 295 or Email: [email protected]
Payment should be transferred to FineResults Research Limited bank before commencement of training. Send proof of payment through the email: [email protected]
- All requests for cancellations must be received in writing.
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
|No. of Days:||10|
FineResults Research Services offers training solutions to individuals, communities, governments and civil society organizations, both local and international.
We also provide application-oriented and field-based consultancy services in all aspects of research and evaluations from inception to completion. This includes research designs, designing monitoring and evaluations systems, technical reviews, programme evaluations, questionnaire validation, data collection, data capture, data analysis and report writing. FineResults Research Services is a limited company incorporated under the laws of Kenya. Its head office is in Nairobi Kenya.
The organization has a wide range of experience working with both local and international organizations in both consultancies and capacity building in Africa and beyond.Mission
A world class training and research organization for the realization of individuals, organizations and community welfare.Vision
To provide world class training and research services that increase individuals and organizations productivity in their development role.Our Value Statement
- We cherish partnerships.
- We believe that our Training and Research Solutions can re-energise organisations by creating vision, certainty and strategic intent. ...