Click to view course content and register as individual or group using this link:https://tinyurl.com/rh72gw9
Organizer: Foscore Development Center (www.fdc-k.org)
SAS refers to statistical software which is used in the management of data, analysis, and graphics. It comprises of advanced functions which includes forecasting, survival analysis, data analysis, and time series analysis and survey methods. It can be utilized via graphical interface using very intuitive language. It benefits from the active user community which gives its support on a dedicated mailing.
Who Should Attend?
Statistician, analyst, or a budding data scientist and beginners who want to learn how to analyze data with SAS
- Research Design, Analysis and Interpretation
- Understand the entire workflow from a high level perspective
- Learn the SAS basic to advance to buildup solid understanding of SAS technical skills
- Learn to accomplish a task with various SAS techniques
- Learn step-by-step statistical analysis from descriptive statistics, hypothesis testing to linear regression
- Learn data importing with different techniques for various type of data
- Use many important functions to make SAS programming
- Learn the important concepts of meta data: formats and informats, labels, lengths, etc.
- Learn the manipulation techniques to prepare the data and make the data analysis-ready
- Perform dataset manipulations: subsetting, transposition, etc.
- Learn how to properly interpret the results from statistical analyses
Module 1: Research Design, Analysis and interpretation
- Introduction to Research and the Research Process
- Problem Definition
- Research Design and Secondary Data Sources
- Qualitative Methods
- Descriptive Research Design and Observation
- Causal Research Design
- Measurement, Scaling and Sampling
- Data Preparation and Analysis Strategy
- Hypothesis testing, Frequencies and Cross-tabulation
- Testing for Significant Differences – t-test/ANOVA
- Testing for Association – Correlation and Regression
Module 2: Understanding the Workflow
- The Workflow
- SAS Basics
- Data Importing - Instream data and Proc Import
- Import Wizard for SAS 9.x
- Data Importing in SAS Studio
- Bring in Data from Pre-existing SAS Dataset and Create Permanent Dataset
- Data importing - excel data
Module 3: Data Manipulation - Naming Convention and IF THEN/ELSE Statement
- Naming Convention and Variable Types
- IF THEN/ELSE Statement
- Keep and Drop Variables
- Data Manipulation - SAS Functions and DO Loop
- SAS Functions
- DO Loop
- Dataset Manipulation - Subset and Append
- Use WHERE statement to subset data
- Concatenation (Append)
Module 4: Dataset Manipulation - Merge and Transposition
- Merge two datasets into a single dataset
- Project part 3: Merge two datasets
- A comprehensive task using several techniques to subset, transpose data
Module 6: Descriptive Statistics - Frequency and Univariate Analysis
- Explore the Data Using PROC PRINT and CONTENTS Procedures
- Descriptive Statistics
- Calculate the mean of the sample
- PROC FREQ
Module 7: Perform descriptive statistical analysis
- One, Two Sample T-Test and ANOVA
- One Sample T-Test
- Two Sample T-Test
- Two Sample T-Test and paired T-Test
- Sample ANOVA
- Non-parametric Analysis
Module 8: Linear Regression - Predicting the Outcome
- Linear Regression
- Use Linear Regression model to predict the MSRP
- Dummy Variable
- Include some categorical variables into the model
Module 9: Report writing for surveys, data dissemination, demand and use
- Writing a report from survey data
- Communication and dissemination strategy
- Context of Decision Making
- Improving data use in decision making
- Culture Change and Change Management
- Preparing a report for the survey, a communication and dissemination plan and a demand and use strategy.
- Presentations and joint action planning
- All our courses can be Tailor-made to participant’s needs
- The participant must be conversant with English
- Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are expert with more than 10years of experience.
- Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with Foscore Development Center certificate (FDC-K)
- Training will be done at Foscore Development Center (FDC-K) in Nairobi Kenya. We also offer more than five participants training at requested location within Kenya, more than ten participants within east Africa and more than twenty participants all over the world.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
- One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
- Register as a group of more than two and enjoy discount of (10% to 50%) plus free five-hour adventure drive to the National game park.
- Payment should be done two weeks before commence of the training, to FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us prepare better for you.
- For any enquiry to: [email protected] or +254712260031
- Website: www.fdc-k.org
- Click to view course content and register as individual or group using this link - https://tinyurl.com/rh72gw9
- View Research and Data Analysis courses calendar – http://bit.ly/2rfjxn4
- View All Courses calendar - http://bit.ly/2mB2p5w
|Weekdays||09:00 AM — 04:00 PM|
|No. of Days:||5|
|No. of Participants:||20|