This course aims to build the confidence and skills of program staff to use financial management tools to implement project activities in a cost effective, controlled and accountable way.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for non-finance program managers and project officers of international NGOs who manage or directly implement projects. It is not suitable for finance staff. A background in finance is not required for this course.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Create a fully-costed budget using the activity-based budgeting technique
- Build a phased project budget from a project activity plan
- Use a funding grid to manage multiple-donor funded projects
- Use budget monitoring reports to review and manage project progress
- Apply key policies and procedures needed to safeguard project cash and equipment
- Describe the four Building Blocks of Financial Management and the role they play in achieving good practice in financial management in program implementation
- Describe the key organizing tools of a financial system, including the Chart of Accounts and Cost Centers.
Introductions, expectations and program overview
- Four Building Blocks of Financial Management
- Who does what in financial management?
- Coding structures
- The financial planning process
- Practical budgeting
- The challenge of multiple donor-funded projects
Financial Reporting and Monitoring
- Accounting essentials – where do the figures come from?
- Which reports do we need in program management?
- Overview of the annual financial statements
- Using budget comparison reports for program management
- Internal control in the field – what goes wrong?
- Key internal control policies and procedures
- The role of audit
|Weekdays||09:00 AM — 01:00 PM|
|No. of Days:||5|
|No. of Participants:||10|
Upskill Development Institute is a leading provider of training, research and consultancy services to international organizations. We assist our clients to improve their skills and confident by offering the best possible solutions to enable them fulfil their objectives for a sustainable result. We strive to improve the quality and accessibility of the training by creating an environment that ensures successful learning from start to finish.
Choosing an institution that supports your needs and understands your goals can be a challenge. We aim to eliminate this overwhelming process by providing you with high-quality solutions and courses that fully encompass the shifting tides of the different fields.
Our aim is to provide our participants with a supportive atmosphere that embraces their needs and objectives as learners. With unique goals and a leading team of advisors and skilled trainer onhand, we create positive pathways through our short training solutions.
To be the most prominent training, research and consultancy services provider, delivering exceptional training programs, consultancy services and post training support that assist organization fulfil their objectives for a sustainable result to the community. ...