Epidemiologists have relied on Stata for over 30 years because of its specialized epidemiologic commands, accuracy, and ease of use. Whether you are researching infectious diseases, investigating exposure to pathogens, or studying chronic diseases, Stata provides the data management and statistical tools to support your research. It also gives you the ability to make publication-quality graphics so you can clearly display your findings.
Who should attend
The course is suitable for potential epidemiologists and biostatisticians and current researchers including clinicians, laboratory and social scientists. Participants should have knowledge of Basic Statistics and be familiar with the Statistical package Stata.
Principles of Epidemiology
- Epidemiology: concepts and terminology
- Population and Samples
- Measuring disease :Incidence and prevalence
- Study Design
- Intervention studies
- Cohort studies
- Case control studies
- Observational studies
- Measuring the risk factor
Basic analytical procedures
- Review of Stata software
- Basic concepts about data type and analysis
- Introduction to basic Statistical models used in epidemiology
- ANOVA, ANCOVA,
- simple and multiple linear regressions,
- logistic regression.
Sample size determination
- Sample size calculation,
- Sampling weight
- Statistical power
- Constructing valid comparison groups
- 2 × 2 and 2 × 2 stratified table for longitudinal, cohort study, case–control, and matched case–control data
- Odds ratio, incidence ratio, risk ratio, risk difference, and attributable fraction
- Chi-squared, Fishers’s exact, and Mantel–Haenszel tests
- Analysis of duration outcomes
- Estimating the probability of survival
- Modeling survival as a function of covariates using Cox, Weibull, lognormal, and other regression models.
- Predict hazard ratios
- Standard cohort analysis
- Sample weighting
- Adjustment of variance
- Parametric models: poisson regression, Flexible Parametric survival Models (FPM)
Case Control Studies
- Basic design concepts
- Selection of Cases
- Selection of Control
- Odds ratio for case control
- Case cohort studies
|Weekdays||09:00 AM — 01:00 PM|
|No. of Days:||5|
|No. of Participants:||10|
Upskill Development Institute is a leading provider of training, research and consultancy services to international organizations. We assist our clients to improve their skills and confident by offering the best possible solutions to enable them fulfil their objectives for a sustainable result. We strive to improve the quality and accessibility of the training by creating an environment that ensures successful learning from start to finish.
Choosing an institution that supports your needs and understands your goals can be a challenge. We aim to eliminate this overwhelming process by providing you with high-quality solutions and courses that fully encompass the shifting tides of the different fields.
Our aim is to provide our participants with a supportive atmosphere that embraces their needs and objectives as learners. With unique goals and a leading team of advisors and skilled trainer onhand, we create positive pathways through our short training solutions.
To be the most prominent training, research and consultancy services provider, delivering exceptional training programs, consultancy services and post training support that assist organization fulfil their objectives for a sustainable result to the community. ...