This training will offer a set of methods and techniques that use GIS and Remote Sensing for analysis and monitoring climate change, with applications in climate change impacts and adaptation.
The course is designed for professionals who require knowledge and skills on the use of GIS and Remote Sensing in Climate Change Impact Analysis and Adaptation.
Upon completion of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Evaluate the spatial data requirements in Climate Change Analysis and Adaptation
- Assess spatial data availability and analysis
- Apply GIS and RS for designing implementations of large scale early warning systems
- Use participatory GIS (PGIS) at community level
- Use Mobile data gathering techniques
- Design and implement their own GIS projects that integrate remote sensing data, and GPS-based field information
Participants should know how to use Windows-based software for basic file management and browsing.
In-House training for these courses can be arranged, and we are open to conducting the course in the client's premises / country.
Over the years, the need for and use of GIS and Mapping Services has significantly increased, at PGA we work with organizations to build capacity and enhance skills to match the growing need for GIS capabilities.We offer comprehensive geospatial solutions, from needs analysis, implementation, maintenance, and training.