INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON COMMUNICATION AND PRESENTATION SKILLS
Start Date: 04/10/2021 End Date: 08/10/2021 for 5 days
Register online: https://skillsforafrica.org/course/119
Organizer: Skills for Africa Training Institute (https://skillsforafrica.org)
Course fee: USD 1,200
Communication skills play an important role in the current world. Effective communication is a pillar on which careers are built on and results in their success. Effective communication can take the form of either face-to-face or written communication; however, the common attribute is that the message must create a connecting between the individuals involved. This communications conference is aimed at equipping participants with skills that will facilitate effective communication between individuals in and out of the professional fields.
By the end of this conference the participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance of presentation
- Learn to prepare a presentation to suit the target audience
- Learn the use of verbal communication to maintain the attention of the audience
- Learn the application of listening skills
- Develop awareness on the importance of non-verbal communication
- Understand the process of collecting data and drawing conclusions through a report
- Learn to design and utilize visual aids necessary for a presentation
- Learn the use of videos in preparing presentations
- Evaluate presentations using a communications checklist
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This conference will be beneficial to staff in middle or top management interested in improving their communication skills with fellow employees, peers, and directors.
- Importance of self-awareness
- First impressions
- Techniques of communication
- Styles of communication
- Personal communication style
- Rapport building
- Visual, audio, and kinesthetic communication styles
- Effective questioning and listening skills
- External tools in communication
- Challenges of effective communication
- Importance of communication
- Communication process
- Business communication
- Effective e-mails and memos
Understanding the Audience
- The power of listening
- Skills of communication
- Non-verbal communication
- Research and reports presentation
- Communication in meetings
- Presenter’s look, eye contact, gesture, and posture
- Tonal variety
- Energetic speaking
- Visual presentation
- Central message
- Utilization of the mind map
- Brainstorming presentation
- PowerPoint presentation
- Practice and delivery of presentation
- Feedback and presentation evaluation
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: [email protected]
- The training will be conducted at SKILLS FOR AFRICA TRAINING INSTITUTE IN NAIROBI KENYA.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
- Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: [email protected]
Skills for Africa Training Institute is a global center that offers state-of-the-art training services.
We offer training services designed for individuals and groups from organizations working in public, non-profit organizations and the private sectors.