In the dynamic field of civil engineering and infrastructure projects, Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and Building Information Modeling (BIM) have become integral tools for planning, designing, and managing construction projects. This comprehensive training course is designed to equip professionals in the civil engineering industry with the skills and knowledge needed to effectively utilize CAD and BIM technologies. Participants will learn how to optimize project workflows, enhance collaboration, and streamline project delivery through hands-on exercises and real-world case studies.
Who Should Attend
- Civil Engineers and Structural Engineers
- Architects and Urban Planners
- Construction Managers and Project Managers
- BIM Managers and CAD Technicians
- Infrastructure Planners and Designers
- Provide participants with a thorough understanding of CAD and BIM principles and their applications in civil engineering and infrastructure projects.
- Enable participants to proficiently use CAD and BIM software tools for designing, visualizing, and simulating various project components.
- Equip participants with the skills to create accurate and data-rich 3D models that facilitate collaboration among interdisciplinary project teams.
- Demonstrate how CAD and BIM can enhance project efficiency, reduce errors, and support decision-making throughout the project lifecycle.
The instructor-led training are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professionals and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with an Indepth Research Institute(IRES) certificate certified by the National Industrial Training Authority (NITA).
The training will be held at IRES Training Centre. The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments and lunch.
Accomodation and Airport Pickup
Accommodation and airport pickup are arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
This training can also be customized to suit the needs of your institution upon request. You can have it delivered in our IRES Training Centre or at a convenient location.
Module 1: Introduction to CAD and BIM in Civil Engineering
- Overview of CAD and BIM technologies
- Benefits and advantages of using CAD and BIM in civil engineering projects
- Evolution and trends in CAD and BIM for infrastructure development
Module 2: CAD Fundamentals for Civil Engineering
- Basic CAD tools and operations
- Creating 2D drawings for site plans, profiles, and cross-sections
- Annotating and dimensioning drawings
Module 3: 3D Modeling for Infrastructure Projects
- Introduction to 3D modeling concepts
- Creating 3D models of roads, bridges, and other infrastructure elements
- Applying materials and textures for realistic visualization
Module 4: Introduction to BIM and Collaboration
- Understanding BIM principles and workflows
- Collaborative benefits of BIM in multi-disciplinary projects
- BIM project structure and organization
Module 5: Creating BIM Models for Structural Elements
- Modeling structural components like columns, beams, and slabs
- Adding parametric information to BIM elements
- Clash detection and resolution in BIM models
Module 6: BIM for Infrastructure Planning
- Designing site layout and grading using BIM
- Analyzing site drainage and stormwater management
- Integrating GIS data into BIM for better site understanding
Module 7: Advanced BIM Workflows
- Phasing and scheduling within BIM
- 4D BIM: Adding time-based scheduling to models
- 5D BIM: Incorporating cost estimation and management
Module 8: Simulations and Analysis in BIM
- Introduction to simulation tools in BIM
- Conducting energy analysis and sustainability assessments
- Exploring traffic flow and pedestrian movement simulations
Module 9: Construction Sequencing and Visualization
- Creating construction sequences and animations
- Visualizing construction processes and methodologies
- Communicating project timelines effectively
Module 10: Project Documentation and Delivery
- Extracting construction drawings and documentation from BIM models
- Exporting data for fabrication and construction
- Leveraging BIM data for facility management and maintenance
IRES offers technical and management consultancy services as well as education and training services designed for individuals’ and groups from organizations working in public, not for profit and private sectors.
IRES Kenya has identified itself with a niche market that largely comprises of Government ministries, departments and agencies (MDA’s) and UN agencies, Non-Governmental Organizations, from Africa, Europe, Asia, Middle-East and the Caribbean. We have also served academic institutions, international research organizations, financial institutions and private companies from across the globe. As at 2018 we offer our services in more than 15 locations globally.
Our technical and management consultancy services are in the areas of Agriculture, Education, Energy, Oil and gas, Health, Environment and natural resources, ICT for development, spatial planning, Governance, Management and leadership, communication, transport, revenue management, marketing development and environment among others.
Our education and training services are aimed helping individuals improve their professional knowledge, competence, skill, and effectiveness and enable the institutions to get the best out of their workforce. This is achieved through conducting high impact professional diploma and certificate courses, short courses, conferences, workshops and seminars. ...