This course offers will introduce participants to the application of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) in Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) programs. This course is designed for professionals and practitioners working in the WASH sector who want to harness the power of spatial analysis and visualization to improve planning, decision-making, and implementation of WASH projects.
Through practical examples and hands-on exercises, participants will learn how GIS can enhance the understanding and management of water resources, sanitation facilities, and hygiene practices. They will gain the necessary skills to collect, analyze, and visualize spatial data related to WASH, enabling them to identify patterns, assess needs, and target interventions more effectively.
Day 1: Introduction to GIS for WASH Programs
- Understanding the Role of GIS in the WASH Sector
- Overview of key concepts and Principles of GIS
- Introduction to GIS software and tools for WASH applications
- Introduction to spatial data types and sources for WASH programs
Day 2: Data Collection and Management for WASH
- Methods and techniques for collecting spatial data in WASH programs
- Data quality assurance and management
- Georeferencing and spatial data integration
- Introduction to WASH data standards and interoperability
Day 3: Spatial Analysis for WASH Decision Making
- Spatial analysis techniques for water resource management
- Identifying suitable locations for water supply and sanitation facilities
- Watershed analysis and catchment delineation
- Spatial analysis for targeting and prioritizing WASH interventions
Day 4: Visualization and Mapping for WASH
- Cartographic principles for WASH maps
- Creating thematic maps to visualize WASH data
- Designing interactive and informative WASH dashboards
- Web mapping for sharing WASH information and engaging stakeholders
Day 5: GIS in WASH Project Planning and Monitoring
- Integrating GIS into WASH project planning and design
- Monitoring and evaluation using GIS for WASH programs
- Case studies and best practices in GIS applications for WASH
- Developing a GIS implementation plan for WASH projects
|No. of Days:
Perk Group Africa is a capacity development, and consultancy center, a leading destination for organizations, groups, and individuals seeking to advance their skills in the many domains within our scope.
Our expertise includes Socio-economic Research, training, and consultancies on Spatial technologies, Climate change (Environmental Sustainability), Gender Inclusivity, Data Management and Statistics, Project Cycle Management, Enterprise Development, Governance, Organizational Development, and Personal Productivity.
PGA has a tradition of work excellence, we are privileged to have a pool of highly experienced and motivated consultants, all of whom are recognized as industry leaders in their respective fields.
Our aim is to ensure that our services contribute to the public good through sharing knowledge for the benefit of society.