Crisis management is no longer for those assigned to the task. Past experiences have shown that seemingly unaffected people and departments are also roped in to face the challenges of a disaster. It strikes when you least expect it and exacerbates when dangers and vulnerabilities are not identified or assessed and handled in a timely manner. How do you manage a crisis then? The best way is to prepare for it! Your crisis management efforts should be directed towards helping your organization recover and to ensure continuity. You will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to develop and implement a rigorous and comprehensive crisis management system which will help your organization prepare for a crisis and in the process, prevent one from happening.WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is relevant for all officers or equivalent who oversees the risk assessment and crisis preparation plans for your organization.COURSE OBJECTIVES
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Be acquainted with key tools that can be used to assess and manage risk and crisis in your organization.
- Understand the importance and role of a crisis management team and how to form one.
- Know who the different stakeholders in a crisis are and how to manage their demands and expectations.
- Why crisis management is important
- How good planning can lead to competitive advantage
- Understanding mission-critical activities
- Threats and risks facing organizations today
- Business Impact Assessments and Risk Analysis
- Risk mitigations that are cost effective
- Crisis management policy
- Crisis management organization
- Incident life cycle and strategy
- Planning for crisis management, emergency planning, business continuity
- Maintaining and testing plans
- The role of disaster recovery in crisis management
- Accommodation and IT system solutions supporting crisis management
- How technical resilience can leverage good disaster recovery
- Planning for disaster recovery
- Maintaining and testing plans
- Do’s and Don’ts, hints and tips for successfully managing a crisis and checklists of things to remember
AJT specializes in short Corporate and International Development courses between two days and two weeks in length. At AJT, our primary objective is to help develop the skills of our delegates to enable them to tackle existing challenges and grow within their organizations. Our training courses cover virtually all aspects of development, including Research & Data Management, Monitoring & Evaluation, Project Management, Geospatial Information Systems (GIS), Humanitarian Development, Agriculture & Food Security;Climate Change, Health and Social Care,Law & Governance,Energy & Oil, ICT for Development Technology,Team Building and Advanced Management. We also specialize in training statistical research analysis using STATA, SPSS, R, CSPro, ODK, NVIVO and ArcGIS software’s.Our courses have been designed to provide the very best training for all levels – from basic introduction, to intermediary and advanced level. Our courses are delivered in Kenya, South Africa, Nigeria ,Ethiopia and selected locations.We Help professionals in all fields to develop in the right areas
With clients coming from the Humanitarian and Non Governmental Organizations (NGOs), as well as from the Public and Private sectors, amongst others, it’s fair to say that we have all the bases covered and indeed, if it’s true enlightenment that professionals are interested in, we’re of the firm opinion that the tailored packages that we are able to offer are pretty much unrivalled. In the genre of development training, we strive to be at the leading edge of things and indeed, when it comes to development and humanitarian courses; we believe that we are able to facilitate the needs of one and all. ...