STATA refers to statistical software which is used in the management of data, analysis and graphics. It comprises of advanced functions which includes forecasting, survival analysis, data analysis, and time series analysis and survey methods. It can be utilized via graphical interface using very intuitive language. It benefits from the active user community which gives it support on a dedicated mailing.
By the end of this course the participant should be able to:
- Understand workflow use commands
- Manage, edit and structure large databases
- Generating descriptive statistics
- Creating powerful publication-quality graphs
- Data Analysis/Estimations
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Statistician, analyst, or a budding data scientist and beginners who want to learn how to analyze data with STATA
Introduction to Statistical concepts and general analytics
- Research design
- Samples and populations
- Comparison of experimental and non-experimental designs
- Exploring variable types
Familiarizing with the application
- Working with variable in STATA
- Basic analysis using ATATA
Charting and Graphical presentation using STATA
- Classifying different charts and processing them using STATA
- Understanding the Graph command syntax
- Graphs for categorical Vs Numeric variables
- Managing chart output in STATA
- Multivariate charting
Statistical Test using STAT
- One sample T-test
- Independent Samples T-test
- Paired Samples-T-test
- One way ANOVA
Measures of Associations in STATA
- Chi-Square test
- Pearson’s Correlation
- Spearman’s Rank –Order Correlation
Predictive Models Using STATA
- Linear Regression
- Multiple Regression
- Logistic Regression
- Ordinal Regression
Panel Data Analysis using STATA
- Exploration of panel data
- Fixed effects model/LSDV
- Random effects model
- Choosing the appropriate model
Time Series Analysis using STATA
- Introduction to time series using STATA
- Plotting a time series
- Seasonal differences
- Auto correlations
- Forecasting models in STATA
- Econometric Analysis of cross-sectional data
- Econometric Analysis of panel data
- Econometric Analysis of time series-data
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: [email protected]
- The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, NAIROBI KENYA.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
- Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: [email protected]
Register online: https://bit.ly/2MLLSun
|Weekdays||08:00 AM — 04:00 PM|
|No. of Days:||5|
Data-Afrique has collaborated with Government ministries, agencies and departments, UN agencies, Non-Governmental Organizations, from Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle-East and the Caribbean.
We have also worked with academic institutions, international research organizations, financial institutions and private companies from across the globe. By nurturing a culture of collaboration, we attract the highest calibre of people who have the ability and desire to influence and shape the future.