Our ability to deal effectively with our emotions in the work place is critical to our success as managers and service providers. As the pace of the world increases and our environment makes more and more demands on our cognitive, emotional and physical resources, Emotional Intelligence is increasingly critical as a skill set. Emotional Intelligence strategies combine with native intelligence increase our ability to successfully manage the constant challenges from customers and our business associates.
Through skill building exercises, and group discussion, this one-day course will provide you with the opportunity to identify your own challenges in maintaining positive environments and collaborative relationships as well as overcoming resistance and negativity. Participants will explore tools, techniques, skills and perceptions to perform your role and manage your emotions with confidence and positive results.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +254 727 446 544
Who should attend?
• Board Members
• Senior Managers
• Team Leaders
• Project Managers
• Operations Managers
• Increase deliberateness in making decision
• Temper negative responses to distressing situations
• Improve conflict and communication skills
• An understanding of the importance of using Emotional Intelligence
• The ability to create an environment for productive work relationships
• A model to guide your responses to difficult and challenging situations
• An approach for more intentional actions
• The ability to self-motivate while tempering negative responses
• Team communication skills for running effective meetings, decision-making, and creative problem-solving
• One-on-one communication skills for constructive feedback and conflict management
• The opportunity to practice applying tools and skills through individual and group exercises
• The confidence to deal with resistance and negativity
• The ability to demonstrate leadership qualities that promote trust, motivation, and commitment to results
• Skills in "outcome thinking"
• Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace
Participant Challenges and Goals Emotional IntelligenceThe Five Competencies of Emotional Intelligence• Self-Awareness
• Effective Relationships
The Project Management Program Cycle• The main phases of a project
• The main processes within and between project phases
• The management cycle from a project planning viewpoint
Applying the Competencies
Choice and Control Model
Dealing with Individual Challenges
Action Plans•Develop an Action Plan
In our endeavour to transform leadership in Africa in the 21st Century, SID Institute has taken the responsibility of influencing leadership of public and private sectors in the continent. This we believe is our overarching mission at SID Institute; Service to Society through the development of international executive business management and leadership programs..Sustainable Development Goals Champions
At SID Institute, we work with international development partners and clients from many sectors and countries to improve humanity standards of living through knowledge.Big Data Analytics Training and Consultancy
Our training courses cover virtually all aspects of development, including Research & Data Management, Monitoring & Evaluation, Project Management, Geospatial Information Systems (GIS), Humanitarian Development, Agriculture & Food Security;Climate Change, Health and Social Care,Law & Governance,Energy & Oil, ICT for Development Technology,Team Building and Advanced Management. We also specialize in training statistical research analysis using STATA, SPSS, R, CSPro, ODK, NVIVO and ArcGIS.