Training Course on Pension Fund Strategies, Governance, Regulation & Investment
Good governance is increasingly recognized as an important aspect of an efficient private pension system, enhancing investment performance and benefit security. Yet, despite regulatory and industry initiatives, governance weaknesses persist across many countries.
There are unique financial and societal challenges facing those who manage, regulate or provide governance for pension schemes. Pensions scheme governance and management training is therefore vital to ensure pension funds are managed properly.
This Pension Scheme Governance & Regulation training will provide advanced knowledge and management tools needed for the effective oversight and administration of publicly funded or partially funded pension plans. This program will help to modernize these plans and their associated pension funds in an environment of changing economic and social circumstances and new regulatory and accounting initiatives.
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance of pension governance, types, designs and fundamentals of pension schemes
- Appreciate the duties and management function of trustees
- Analyze Pension scheme management performance indicators
- Appreciate the importance of performance evaluation of trustees of pension schemes in enhancing governance
- Assess the risks pension funds are exposed to and the need of effective risk management.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for Pension regulators, Policymakers, Trustees, Administrators, Fund managers, Advisors, Custodians, CEOs, Human resource managers, Directors and Pension principal officers.
- Introduction to Pension Funds and Global Pension Crisis
- Financial Mechanisms & Pension Plan Design; Different types of Pension Schemes
- Costs of Funding Pension Schemes; Pension Fund Deficit, Sovereign Debt & Default Risk
- Longevity, Dependency Rations, Real & Nominal Returns
- Defined Benefits and Defined Contribution Schemes
- Insurance Mechanisms and External Guarantees
- Pensions Fund and Its Parties: trustees, sponsors, actuaries, consultants & investment managers
- Asset Allocation, Capital Structure and Financial Risk
- Sources of Wealth in Pensions Funds; creating value in Pension Funds
- Different Types of Pension Schemes
- Pension Fund Asset-Liability Management, Tools & Modelling
- Pensions Funding Policies
- Portfolio Rebalancing, Asset Allocation and risk management
- Actuarial Considerations, Scheme Design & Annuity Market
- Reviewing benchmarks and Performance Assessment
- Pension Risk Management, Reporting and Governance
- Regulatory Practices and Decision Making in DB Plans.
An action-oriented, highly participative approach will be employed throughout the course, with particular attention paid to sharing international experience with a view to adaptation and practical application.
COURSE Training Center: Datastat Training Center, Nairobi, Kenya
Start Date: 10/14/2019
End Date: 10/18/2019
Fee: Ksh 80000, $900
APPLY ONLINE: https://datastatresearch.org/courses/course-details.php?title=Training%20Course%20on%20Pension%20Fund%20Strategies,%20Governance,%20Regulation%20&%20Investment%20&id=5809&category=Business
EMAIL: [email protected]
Datastat Consultancy ltd is a capacity building institute, social research company specializing in Project management, Organizational development and Business Development. Datastat has a proven record for creating, developing, and inventing innovative and creative results tailored to unique, evolving industry-specific requirements.
More than a consulting and capacity building company, Datastat works with its clients before and long after their projects to ensure that their strategic business objectives and visions are met within our flexible and comprehensive strengths, which outlines the company’s competitive advantage.
Our principal values have positively influenced the personality of our firm, ultimately path the way we work and make decisions.
To be preferred capacity building institute research consultant and market research services.
To empower our clients with relevant knowledge and skills, an attitude with embraced relationship